rainbow

[more]

Author
Youngster_Joey
Starling
average posts: 5.9 per day
Employment personality tests.
August 19, 2010, 2:52AM

Meh, so I hate these things. I'm just going to post some of the questions that I'm not sure what the right thing to do is.

2. Your supervisor mentions a new coffee drink that your store is going to sell in two weeks which uses equipment you are unfamiliar with. How do you respond to the news of this new product?
-Express your excitement to your supervisor and wait until more information surfaces.
-Conduct some research on your own time about the new coffee drink and equipment.
-Ask your co-worker to research the coffee drink and see what he finds out.
-Go to the competitors to see if they carry the new drink and learn as much as possible.
-Plan to ask your supervisor when the drink arrives about its features.

Okay, I didn't pick "conduct some research on your own time about the new coffee drink and equipment" since it could be considered "working off the clock" and a lot of companies frown upon that, so I picked the last choice.

8. A customer is attempting to get you to do something that is against company policy. It will cost the company about $20. You tell her what the normal policy is and the customer gets very angry and threatens to tell all her friends about the bad service from your company. Your supervisor is unavailable. What would you do?
-Get help from another supervisor
-Do what the customer wants
-Ask the customer to calm down before you will help her
-Politely explain that you cannot override the policy
-Ask a coworker for help

For this one, I picked "politely explain that you cannot override the policy" because it shows I can do things on my own, but would a supervisor want me to fetch them in this kind of situation?

10. A coworker approaches you and tells you she thinks she saw a supervisor steal something. What would you do?
-Tell the coworker to stop playing detective
-Approach the supervisor yourself
-Don't get involved or jump to conclusions; it may be coincidence
-Tell security about the situation
-Tell the coworker to tell a supervisor about what she saw

Do I tell security or tell the coworker to tell a supervisor? I picked tell the coworker to tell a supervisor about it.

25. You are aware that another coworker is having severe financial problems. She is a single parent and you saw her take some supplies for her child from the extra inventory. What do you think you should do?
-Mention the problem to your supervisor
-Suggest she apply for financial assistance
-Nothing, mind your own business
-Loan her some money
-Ask coworkers to take up a donation

The main theme seems to be company loyalty, not so much ethnics, so I chose "mention the problem to your supervisor".

28. The loss prevention manager recently adopted a plan to implement new equipment that would help decrease product theft, thereby increasing store performance. To be successful, the savings from reducing product theft would have to be greater than the cost of the equipment. Which of the following statements can summarize the main goal of the manager?
-Improve the store's performance
-Implement a strategic plan
-Reduce theft by 25%
-To improve the type of equipment the store uses
-Cannot be determined from the information given

Since it's the "loss prevention manager", I figured her main goal is to reduce theft, obviously, but not sure if someone would disagree with me.

32. Will most people steal if conditions are right?
-Definitely
-Probably
-I am not sure
-Probably not
-Definitely not

I always feel like this is a trick question. By choosing, "definitely", you imply that all people steal, so therefore, you must steal. But if you choose "definitely not", it's like saying that you won't keep an eye on people because you trust them openly, therefore losses go up. I just went with definitely.

35. You are new. Your manager is giving you lots of instructions for tasks she wants done. She is speaking so quickly and telling you so many things, you are having trouble remembering everything. What would you do?
-Try to remember it all and do the best you can
-Ask an experienced coworker for help
-Ask the manager to repeat what she said
-Ask the manager to stop while you get something to take notes
-Ask the manager to please give you a list

I just answered truthfully and said that I would make the manager repeat himself/herself because I'm not sure what the correct thing would be to do in this situation. I know not the first two options. But the last three are all options that seem reasonable.

45. A supervisor, who is not yours, becomes upset with a coworker and severely criticizes the coworker in front of you. The coworker becomes upset and begins to cry. What would you do?
-Confront the supervisor directly about his management style.
-Discreetly tell a higher-level manager.
-Try to make the coworker feel better.
-Tell your supervisor.
-Nothing, the new coworker will get over it.

Once again, one of those situations where I would just not know what to do. I went with "tell your supervisor".

49. It is Friday and your work shift ends in 5 minutes. A customer approaches you and says he has a few questions for you about a book series. You know the conversation with the customer will take 20 minutes. Which response best matches your reply to the customer?
-Let me find someone who can help you now or in a few minutes.
-I would be happy to help you, what are your questions?
-My shift is ending, let me get another customer representative to help you.
-I would be happy to help you, but I do not know enough about the book series.
-Most of your questions will be answered in the book description by the display.

I went with the first option, but just put this one down in case I was wrong.

65. A customer has been talking to you for quite a while about nothing in particular. You are doing some general task work (stocking, cleaning, organizing, etc) and get paid for how quickly and accurately you do this. What would you do?
-Say nothing and return to my tasks
-Come up with a reason to excuse yourself
-Ask the customer what he is looking for
-Hold up a piece of merchandise for the customer's opinion
-I don't know what I would do

I've had this happen to me and I never really know what to do about it. I hate just being like, "I have to get back to work, but thanks for your conversation. :3" So I picked, "Ask the customer what he is looking for," since helping him would probably be the fast way to get rid of him.

-----

nm0pae.gif
Veemon
â?¥

Achmed
Starling
average posts: 2.2 per day
Re: Employment personality tests.
August 19, 2010, 3:16AM

2D. You care about the competition and will "learn as much as possible".

8A, but it REALLY depends on the company preferences

10D. You're not getting involved, just passing on a tip to those whose job it is to be involved.

25B, ethics combined with loyalty combined with creative thinking and problem-solving.

28A, "decrease product theft, thereby increasing store performance."

32C, don't judge people you don't know.

35D, being proactive and helping yourself[to improve company performance of course;D]

45B. The coworker will get over it, and this will help to solve the solution permanently, WHICH increases company performance.

49C. Corporate flips a bitch if you do unauthorized overtime, but you shouldn't lie to the customer cause that might cause bad reviews.

65C, but that's a tough one.

This was kinda exciting, because it seemed like some pair of imaginary tits were getting bigger and bigger every time I answered a question.

-----

A still more glorious dawn awaits
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns

Youngster_Joey
Starling
Re: Re: Employment personality tests.
August 19, 2010, 10:44AM

On August 19, 2010, 2:30AM, Nona said:

LOL NO. 45

I know, right?

-----

30xhap2.jpg
Love
â?¥

Pinelli
Starling
average posts: 3.5 per day
August 19, 2010, 10:51AM

Depends on the job

-----

Change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change.

Youngster_Joey
Starling
August 19, 2010, 10:51AM

Books-A-Million.

-----

â??Mattresses are incredibly docile creatures whose corpses
make great places to lie down and catch some Z'sâ?

-Douglas Adams

rlc
Starling
average posts: 1.1 per day
August 19, 2010, 11:59AM

loss prevention manager's plan didn't say anything about numbers, so definitely not the 25% reduction, i'd go with achmed, at least on that one.

-----

insert nerdy signature here

Scheherezade
Bad Mamma Jamma
average posts: 0.6 per day
August 19, 2010, 12:07PM

HATE THESE, good thing strip clubs don't have employment personality tests.

-----

Your resentment is delicious.

Youngster_Joey
Starling
Re: Re: Employment personality tests.
August 19, 2010, 12:12PM

On August 19, 2010, 11:07AM, Scheherezade said:

HATE THESE, good thing strip clubs don't have employment personality tests.

I love you.

-----

nm0pae.gif
Veemon
â?¥

Scheherezade
Bad Mamma Jamma
average posts: 0.6 per day
August 19, 2010, 12:17PM

now tip me.

-----

Your resentment is delicious.

Springheel.is.dead
Starling
average posts: 1.5 per day
August 19, 2010, 1:37PM

Yeah I failed one of these one time. I just laughed when they told me. What is the point of an interview if the management staff can't be trusted to evaluate someone's personality without the aid of a mathematical chart? In fact, why would you want to work anywhere where the management can't be trusted to do something as simple as make a good judgment call on an applicant.

-----

On December 22, 2008, 9:26AM, i_dont_die said: u just hate to much

Subject:
Reply:

Add Signature?

Last 10 Members to View This Thread
NameTime
YouthCrewNov 5, 2011, 12:26AM
ClementineAug 20, 2010, 12:06AM
AchmedAug 19, 2010, 9:29PM
Springheel.is.deadAug 19, 2010, 9:17PM
TapiocaAug 19, 2010, 7:42PM